KLIEC and its education partners are committed to protect all Personal Data received and processed in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and all relevant regulations, standards and guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time pursuant to the Act.
By providing your Personal Data to us, you agree to give us permission to process your Personal Data in accordance to this Privacy Notice and the Act.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice:
“Personal Data” means any personal data relating to you that you have provided to us or made available to us due to the Purposes. Such personal data includes but not limited to the following:
identity card/passport no.
date of birth
bank account details
Personal Data also includes the “Sensitive Personal Data”.
“Purposes” means the reason and/or purposes of why we collect your Personal Data which the purposes include but not limited to (a) to provide our product and/or services to you (which includes the higher learning programmes); (b) your entry into contract(s) with us; (c) your visit our websites; (d) your Personal Data is required for any business dealing with us; (e) membership subscription with us (f) purposes specified in Item 6 below; and (g) for any matter which requires your Personal Data. “Sensitive Personal Data” comprises information as your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, commission or alleged commission of any offence or any other Personal Data determined by law.
1. WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE? The scope of this Privacy Notice covers all processing of Personal Data by us to serve the Purposes.
2. WHAT IF YOU REFUSE, RETRACT YOUR CONSENT OR FAIL TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA? Unless otherwise specified by us at the time the Personal Data is collected, you will be required to furnish us with your Personal Data requested. If you: (a) refuse to provide your Personal Data; or (b) retract your consent for the processing of your Personal Data; or (c) you fail to furnish us with the complete and sufficient Personal Data, we may not be able to proceed, cancel or refuse to serve the Purposes.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED? We may collect your Personal Data from any of the manner below which includes but not limited to:
provision of our services to you (which includes the higher learning programmes)
your entry of contract(s) with us
filling of necessary forms and/or documentation
whenever you communicate with us
through third parties we deal with or are connected to you whom you have authorized to process your Personal Data (for instance; credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or regulatory and law enforcement agencies)
participate in our surveys
commence business relationship
provide feedback or lodge a complaint with us.
We will not use or disclose your Personal Data without your prior written consent save and except in accordance to this Privacy Notice and except as permitted or required under any enactment, law, statute or code.
4. DO WE COLLECT SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA? If the need arises, we will obtain explicit consent from you before or when we process Sensitive Personal Data. We may process Sensitive Personal Data without your consent only in limited circumstances as permitted by law.
5. DO YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE? We do not really collect Personal Data of our visitors to our website unless we require the Personal Data for specific reason and purposes. However, we required our visitors to share their Personal Data on voluntarily basis.
6. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED? We may use your Personal Data for one or more of the purposes below which includes but not limited as follows-
to serve the Purposes;
to assess and process your application or subscription for our services and/or membership, and to verify your identity or assess your creditworthiness in order to provide you with any of our services and/or membership;
to provide you with, administer and manage the product and/or services you have requested;
for your payment processing of our services including providing billing to you, maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
to provide you with necessary support, management of our services and other related services;
to manage the contracts you enter with us;
to provide you with the notifications and promotion of our product and/or services offered from time to time;
to deal with any of your inquiries or complaints;
to establish and maintain a common database of customers and/or members and relevant documentation in relation to our customers and/or members;
to process data with outsourced entities both within and outside Malaysia;
to protect our and/or your data in relation to life, death and/or security, which may be deemed as our and/or your vital interests;
for the administration of justice;
to provide you with information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our services.
to investigate and resolve any issues or disputes you have with us, including to defend claims made against, or otherwise involving us;
to comply with any legal obligation or court order; for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations
for the exercise of any functions required or permitted by or under any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities; and/or
to fulfill any other related or incidental purpose in relation to our product, services and/or membership.
7. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO? Any disclosure of your Personal Data processed by us for the purpose(s) shall be as outlined in this Privacy Notice. The following are the third parties who may disclose your Personal Data to:
to companies and organizations that assist us in the performance of our contract with you or providing you with services that you have requested or subscribed for;
to companies and organizations for compliance with any legal and/or regulatory obligations to which we are the subject, in addition to any obligation imposed under our contract with you;
to our strategic partners and contractors;
to companies and organizations that act as our payment channels including and without limitation, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
to other service providers or third parties nominated by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of customers or processing data as an outsourced entity both within and outside Malaysia;
to our professional advisers including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors, on a “need to know” basis;
to companies and organizations that act as our agents or contractors for the purposes of recovering any amount due to us;
to regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies or other government authorities in compliance with requirements under the law or towards the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud;
to our subsidiaries and parent company (if any);
to any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding, for purposes of the proceeding;
to credit providers or credit reporting agencies or fraud prevention agencies;
to any third party (and its advisers/representatives) in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, consolidation, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, funding exercise or asset/share sale relating to all or any portion of our business or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, where your Personal Data will be transferred; and/or
to any other third party related to or incidental to the performance of our contract with you, the provision of our services to you, or in respect of maintaining our business or contractual relationship with you.
8. DIRECT MARKETING We do not practice direct marketing in our marketing and communication of our services. In the event we practice the same, you will be notified of the same through this Privacy Notice.
9. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA? We are committed to execute prudent steps and to improve processes from time to time to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data. This shall include having the appropriate procedural, contractual, organizational and technical steps to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure.
10. HOW DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA? We will retain your Personal Data for the purposes and reasons for such collection and processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and processed.
11. HOW ACCURATE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS? We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To ensure that we have your most current and accurate Personal Data, you may contact us to check your Personal Data.
12. CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA? You can have access to your Personal Data that we process. You may also request that your Personal Data be amended for purposes of accuracy and completeness. We may charge you with a prescribed fee for searching and providing you with access to your Personal Data. If you wish to access your Personal Data, please contact us via the contact details listed in this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to this Notice or our handling of your Personal Data, please write to us at the following address: Level 18, Plaza Equatorial Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur Attention to: The President
13. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE We reserve the right to modify, update and/or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time with or without reasonable prior notice to you. We will notify you of any amendments via announcements on our websites or other appropriate means of notification. Please check our websites at www.kliec.org from time to time to see if there are amendments to this Privacy Notice. Any amendments to this Privacy Notice will be effective upon publication of the same on our websites. By continuing to communicate with us, use our services, visit our websites, continue with your contract us and/or continue with the Purposes as mentioned above after being notified of any amendments to this Privacy Notice, you will be treated as having agreed to and having accepted those amendments.
*We are in the process of the translating and providing this Privacy Notice in Bahasa Malaysia as required under section 7(3) of the PDPA. We will upload the same as soon as when we have the translated version of this Privacy Notice. Version 01-2020
All rights reserved. Copyright 2022, Kuala Lumpur International Education Consortium Berhad Updated 22/1/2022